Bradpole


Old postcard of Bradpole showing the Vicarage and the Forster Institute

Bradpole is a parish partly within the borough of Bridport and 5 miles south from Beaminster. The church of the Holy Trinity is in the Early English style and consists of a chancel, nave, north aisle, tower & spire. There is no manor. The workhouse for Bridport Union is within this parish. The chief crops are wheat, oats and grass. The population in 1871 was 1,549. There is a National School.

Details extracted from the 1880 Kelly's Directory.

The OPC for Bradpole is Colin Barrett


Please place the words 'OPC Bradpole' as your subject for e-mails.


Census Kindly transcribed for the OPC Project:
1841 Census - District 8
1841 Census - District 9
1851 Census - District 2
1851 Census - District 3

1871 Census - District 3 [John Ridout]
1871 Census - District 4 [John Ridout]
Parish Registers The parish registers date from 1695
Bishop's Transcripts are available from 1731
Kindly transcribed for the OPC Project
Marriages 1695 to 1812 
Directorys Extracts from  Directories 1865 & 1880
Maps The 1891 Ordnance Survey maps of the parish can be seen at the old-maps site, just enter 'Bradpole' under place search.
BradpoleMap.jpg (80616 bytes) For modern location maps visit:-  www.multimap.com
For a 1920's map of the area click on the thumbnail  opposite

OPC PAGE

Visitors to Dorset OPC

shopify site analytics

Privacy Policy

Copyright (c) 2015 Dorset OPC Project