Charlton Marshall

Charlton Marshall

Charlton Marshall is a village situated on the river Stour on the main Blandford to Poole road, 2 miles south-west of Blandford, about 11 miles north-west of Poole and 8 north -west of Wimborne.

The church of St Mary's was rebuilt in 1713 in the Early English style, the tower has four bells and a clock donated in 1911 by Rev. S.A. Walker M.A. There are monuments to the Rev. Dr. Sloper and to the Bastard family. The church was restored in 1895. The registers date from 1575.

     << photo courtesy of Peter Walker peterwalker.info


The post of Online Parish Clerk (OPC) is currently vacant
If you would like to volunteer for the role, please contact the OPC Project Co-ordinator
Contributions of additional resource materials for the site are always welcome


Census 1851 by Andrew Wright
1861 by Royston Clarke
1871 by Andrew Wright
Parish Registers Baptisms
1813-1852 by Tony Higgins

Marriages
1813-1841 by Tony Higgins

Burials
1813-1852 by Tony Higgins
Postal Directories  
Other Records Militia Lists 1796 by Caryl Parsons
Photographs  
Useful Links  
Other information Charlton Marshall War Memorial
Maps The 1891 Ordnance Survey maps of the parish can be seen at the old-maps site, just enter 'Charlton Marshall' under place search.
For modern location maps visit:-  www.multimap.com

OPC PAGE

Visitors to Dorset OPC

shopify site analytics

Privacy Policy

Copyright (c) 2017 Dorset OPC Project