Extract from J G Harrod & Co Commercial and Postal Directory 1865
Kindly donated to the OPC Project by Lorraine Key and
Names from Kelly's 1880 Directory
by Lynda Small
BRADFORD PEVERELL is a parish and village in the hundred of
St.George, and Dorchester union, distant 3 miles
N.W. from Dorchester, with 2,700 acres.
There are a few neat and modern-built houses.
The church is dedicated to St.Mary, is a
Handsome edifice with a spire. The living is a
rectory, value 270 pounds with residence
In the patronage of the college of Winchester;
the incumbent is the Rev. Henry
Blackstone WILLIAMS. There is a school, on the
National system. The population
In 1861 was 361
is a hamlet 1 mile N.W.
Postal Regulations.- Letters are received
through Dorchester, which is the
Nearest money order office and post town.
Names extracted from Kelly's 1880 Directory.
|CLAPCOTT||Major Charles||Quatre Bas|
|MIDDLETON HASTINGS||Burton||J P|
|MIDDLETON HASTINGS||Nathaniel||J.P. D.L. Bradford Peverell House|
|BARRETT||Thomas||Blacksmith & Parish Clerk|
|HAWKERS||Mrs Mary||Grocer Muckleford|
|HOUNSELL||Mrs Elizabeth||Farmer Muckleford|
|MILES||Mrs Edith S||Mistress National School|
|WOODLAND||Mrs Sarah||grocer & beer retailer|
BRADFORD PEVERELL PAGE OPC HOME PAGE