Dorset OPC

Turnworth

Dorset OPC

Turnworth is a small parish about 5 miles west of Blandford and 3 miles south of Shillingstone. The church of St Mary (left) is a small building of stone in the Early English style. Originally built in the 13th century, all apart from the tower was rebuilt in 1869 by G R Crickmay to a design of John Hicks.

Turnworth House or Manor demolished in the mid 1940s was a large house of Jacobean design with the Parry-Okeden and Twinyhoe families being past residents.



The post of Online Parish Clerk (OPC) is currently vacant
If you would like to volunteer for the role, please contact the OPC Project Co-ordinator
Contributions of additional resource materials for the site are always welcome


Parish Registers & Bishop's Transcripts Baptisms
1731 - 1880
by Terry Pine

Marriages
1731 - 1845
by Terry Pine

Burials
1731 - 1880
by Terry Pine
Census Returns 1841 1851 1861 1871 1891 by Ron Adams
Directories Kelly's 1920 1939 by Annette Rose
Monumental Inscriptions MI Index for St Mary's Church
Photographs  
Other Records Extracts from Hutchins by Dorinda Miles

OPC PAGE

Visitors to Dorset OPC

shopify site analytics

Privacy Policy

Copyright (c) 2016 Dorset OPC Project